Sunday, November 7, 2010

Taste Test Success!

After having a successful week in my journey into a new kinder Mel, I had hoped that my weekend would be just as successful!  Having excepted an invitation to a friends home for their first annual VIP wine fest we were asked to bring a bottle of wine and an hor's d'oeuvres.  So normally I would not be daunted by this invitation and just whip up my trusty creamy cheesy artichoke dip.  While I admit it's yummy, it is also filled with just about everything that is not good for you and all things dairy.  So that was out!  Then I remembered seeing on a Rachel Ray show a quick little dish that was easy to whip up.  Basically it's a baguette cut into small rounds layed flat with garlic butter, tomato, and a big hung of feta cheese. Again, filled with a few things that were not conducive to my new kind life.  So i made a few substitutions and here is the process and end results!

First I cut the baguettes into rounds and placed onto a backing sheet. then I brushed them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.



The next step was to all a little flavor so I sprinkled Oregano (graciously) on top of the baguettes and the oil.


Here is the final look before being tossed into the oven at 350 degrees F to get a little crisp.  So because I was going to be attending a party with some non-vegans I decided to put some cheese on a few of the baguettes. Some feta on a few and some mixed cheddar and havarti on a few others. They were a big hit at the party and everybody enjoyed them...even the ones without cheese! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment