Friday, November 5, 2010

The Tofu Test!

Disclaimer: No drooling allowed!

So all week I have been avoiding meat and products containing meat. I've been slowly going through this book each night reading every word, sometimes twice!  So after purchasing a package of Garlic Tofu today, I decided to give it a try and whip something up!  Here's how it turned out!

Garlic Tofu Pita Pizza

The Garlic Tofu was marinated in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil with a few choice spices, oregano, italian, and parsley herbs. Then grilled until firm. Two whole wheat pita pockets layed flat on a cooking sheet, smothered in organic tomato sauce mixed with red onions, minced mushrooms (i'm a texture freak), red peppers diced, yellow tomato's and topped with a few shakes of oregano!  Voila!

Now, I've made quite a few pita pizza's in my time but always with chicken and LOTS of feta cheese!  I have to say I did not miss either one, and the tofu was a nice texture!  I had one full pita pizza and was not left feeling hungry at all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment